Monday, October 28, 2019

Dash TV#384 Yellowstone Park


                I would guess that I have been to Yellowstone Park at least 15 times.  I have mentioned it in ten posts and posted at least five pictures of my family over the years.  Yellowstone always feels brand new as it changes.  For the most part we found lodging in West Yellowstone and would just drive the west entrance to the park each day.  But there were at least four times we got lodging inside the park.

          I couldn’t find any photos when it was just me and Patrick.  Kayla would have been a baby when this one was taken in 1976



This one is of me with Kayla probably 1978 or 1979






Corey and Kayla in 1982



My missionary farewell was in August and my grandma was in town from San Francisco.  We took both of my grandmas to Yellowstone park in 1984.  We stayed at Old Faithful Inn which we had never done before.






 I left for the mission training center two days after we returned.
  
Patrick and I were both on our missions when this photo was taken in 1985



 I can’t seem to find any still pictures of our adventures in 1988.  Patrick and Sunny were newlyweds.  We had a joint cabin with mom, dad, and Corey on one side.  Kayla and I had to share a room with the love birds.  It was gross.

We saw more of the park that trip than we usually see during one trip.  Corey had played Teddy in “Arsenic and Old Lace” and was really into Theodore Roosevelt at the time and so we had to make seeing the Teddy Roosevelt Arches part of our agenda.



Corey filmed everything.  So we do have documentation.  It was the first or second week in July.  It was great that we were able to see so much of the park and that Corey was able to capture most of it on film – for the day after we returned home we learned about the fires changing the appearance of so much of what we saw – including Old Faithful Inn and I think the arches (here)




This is the last time I was at Yellowstone Park 1998 – it was just my mom, her mom and I that went.  




That was a really great trip also.  We would drive to a destination and mom would say, “Do you want to walk that trail?”

Sometimes we would get out of the car.  Sometimes we would just decide to enjoy the view from the car.  I don’t recall grandma going on any trails with us, though this photo indicates differently.


We saw a lot of animals as it was the end of May.  We saw the most animals on my birthday and had lunch at Trapper’s Inn.  It was the best chicken Malibu that I had ever tasted!  It was a great birthday.



No comments:

Post a Comment