Thursday, February 7, 2019

"You Ate My Road Kill" - another trigger



                I saw a boy with a "Fly Guy" book and smiled as I thought about Jenna's desire to read the book back in 2007 or 2008 (Tedd Arnold has written the "Fly Guy" series since 2005 here.

          When Jenna and I read books together, we would take turns doing the voices of different characters.  I think it was a bird that had made accusations against "fly guy" specifically saying, "You Ate My Road Kill".  Jenna thought that was the most hilarious thing.  She would have me say it for many years. 

          "Do the voice, mommy," she requested.

          I would screech in a high pitched voice, "You Ate My Road Kill". 
          She would laugh and laugh and request that I do it again.

          From that point I realized that if she was having a down day (which is rare) I could say to her (in the screechy voice, of course)  "You Ate My Road Kill" and it would change her mood.
 
          Funny how little things can trigger sweet memories.

          I read her this post and she laughed again.  That screechy voice still works.



No comments:

Post a Comment