Friday, December 20, 2019

Taking in the View


          I’ve seen many landscapes in different view
                   from my friends houses
                   Medford pear orchard
and during drives beyond city limits
and touring the coast or McMinnville
            
I have missed some views
such as the solar eclipse two years ago             
but the skies were filled with smoke
from the fires that had burned that year
          I have missed seeing stars
due to the heavy clouds and rain
though my view of the sky has been
spectacular this year
Fog can be eerie –
not much of a view when
it envelops us
  
I’ve seen both nature and manmade
                   I watched a person above a cherry picker
reach up into a McDonald’s sign. 
That was interesting.  
Never had seen anything like it before.  
A bit freaked out at the       
mass size the “M” appeared to be.
I have viewed different works of art
including paintings and quilts. 
I have had the opportunity to view
“dressed” vegetables

I am grateful for the opportunity that I have
to view pictures online to see family members
who are so far to see each day in person
I am grateful that daily quotes
that uplift and remind me
that I am a child of God and
His point of view matters more
than what any human may think

There is definitely a different point of view
with each religion and scripture read
          I appreciate the differences

My favorite point of view for book reading
is first person. 
I like the creative approach that some authors
have used,  such as
the “Dear Mr. President” series.
R.J. Palacio’s “Wonder” or
Rob Buyea’s “Mr. Terrupt”
in which several characters take a turn
at telling the story – written in first person
and different points of view.
One of his characters likes what he refers to as “one dollar words”
which is another way to view
spelling and math combined

I have gone on countless job interviews
and Jenna was able to interview Bill
for an assignment last year
She has also used a creative approach to book reports
          by pretending to interview         
a character from whatever book       
she may be reading.

I have always tried to review my work
before I’ve turned it in. 
Our county newspaper is called
The News Review. 
Jenna had her picture taken and
put on the front cover on
                      August 8 this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment