Sunday, December 15, 2019

Almost There


Written Satuday

Last year we were the
only house on our street
to put up Christmas lights
and decorate our yard. 

This year everyone
started yard decorations
early. 
Our roof was being fixed
and then it rained. 

Until late today we were
one of the few houses
on our street that wasn’t decorated.
We appeared to be "bah humbuggers"
but we are really not.

Our roof is finally finished
I had noticed on Wednesday
that the flatbed trailer was gone
– the one Roland insisted remain at
our house until the job was complete.

It rained all day yesterday.  Sometimes
the rain felt like snow.  I was
doing crosswalk duty again. 
All students had been ordered to
go to the gym after lunch.  I would
much rather stand out in the
rain then be in the overly loud gym.

It was nice today.  I didn’t even
wear a coat. Roland wanted to go to
Winston to look for a coffee table.  He
took me with him.  We were gone for
a long time.  It felt long. 

I was afraid it would be dark before
we returned. We had promised Jenna that
we would decorate the outside.
We did get home before dark but
did not finish with the lights until after dark.
Jenna and I plan on finishing with
big bulbs after we return home from Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment