Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Other Gifts


          Shortly after we moved to Oregon, Jenna and I had gone to a second hand store in search for some game cards – or puzzle cards – something that we could cover to create our own version of.  We ended up purchasing a child’s alphabet learning game including four boards and 28 cards. 

this is not the exact game we had purchased, but one similar

We covered the backs of the cards with clip art pictures we had printed off the computer. 

shows a small piece of the board that we made

 We didn’t have a use for the boards but continued to hang onto them until earlier this month.  We decided that we would send them to our youngest granddaughter for Christmas and spent a family home evening painting letters so place on the boards.           
          For our oldest granddaughter I had purchase a bead kit which reminded me a lot of one that my mom had given to Jenna one year. 


Jenna really enjoyed making different necklaces and I thought Ester might enjoy them also.  I hope that she enjoys it as much as Jenna did. (see here)         

          For our youngest grandson we purchased a counting book – not that he is counting yet.  He turned one the 4th day of October this year. 
Their family has purchased gifts for us each year.  There were nine items in the box they sent this year.  Two cookie mixes, a cupcake mix and two presents for each of us. 

          I already mentioned Jenna’s Encore here.  The kids gave her a container of what appeared to be leftover Halloween candy.  Rochelle always picks out a book for me – a mystery that she enjoyed and would like to share.  There was a lap blanket from the kids which looked like a candy cane pattern to me.  Jenna calls it my toothpaste blanket.


          Roland received a Three Stooges video which he had never seen before.  The kids gave him a book for creating Scrabble words.

          In addition to the Batman and Superman in his sock, Jenna had picked out four more characters.  I wrapped each of them individually.  Roland was surprised but seemed to see a message that we view him as stressed – which was not the case.  We had purchased them to go with the many other super heros he has collected. 


          In my sock was this cute Snoopy ornament which will hang above my desk when Christmas is over.


          I’ve been toting my insulated bag to both school and church


but had picked out this purse to carry with me – even though I’m really not much of a purse person. 

 I like it for the many pockets that it has.  That is what Jenna wrapped for me from her.
Jenna also brought me “card holders” to attach to my hat as I am always losing them.


           Roland got me Murder with Collard Greens and Hot Sauce and a book collection called The Land of Stories. 


 It really was a simple Christmas.  Jenna received a bell for a bicycle that Roland had purchased for her


After I started my initial Christmas post, I realized that we had not opened the gift from the couple in our ward and retrieved it from its “hidden” place and we opened this bear candle and angel statue. 
.


No comments:

Post a Comment