Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Froot Loops and Pacifiers



                On Sunday Danny had set up the Monitor so that our Valiant class could watch "No Ordinary Shepard" here.   She passed out Bingo cards and Froot Loops to use as markers.  There were various pictures or words representing shepherds, sheep, the baby Jesus, prayer, love, peace, etc.  that would be mentioned in the video.  All that we had to do was listen and watch in order to mark.


            I smile whenever I see Froot Loops as I think to a time when I was watching my niece who would sometimes be rewarded with Cheerios.  For those of my readers who may not know,  Cheerios is like a staple of LDS parents with tykes.  The Cheerios are mostly for keeping the little ones quiet during the meetings.  Sometimes it works, but not always. 


            I did not have the Cheerios that she may have been used to, but had given her Froot Loops to tie her over.  It appeared that in her mind she was eating the most delicious Cheerios that she had ever tasted.  The actual Cheerios that she was given at Church did not measure up to the cool tasting "Cheerios"  that were in my cupboard.  Truth is, I don't even like Froot Loops.  I suppose they make an okay snack when they are dry.  But I think they are disgusting in milk as they become mushy tasteless circles surrounded by sickenly sweet blue liquid that no tastes like milk.



            I remember attending a baby shower several years ago.  One woman had brought her baby who was walking but still sucking on a pacifier.  One of the favors that each guest had been given were candies (white Lifesaver and a pink jelly bean) made into the shape of a pacifier.  They were cute. 


            I remember the baby taking the real pacifier out of her mouth and inserting the jelly bean.  Her eyes lit up.  Wow!  It was small but definitely the best tasting pacifier that she had ever had in her mouth.  So good in fact, that she wanted to share.  She kept on extending it out so that other people could have a taste.  She didn't use words yet, but I could see it in her eyes, "You've got to try this.  It is so amazing."

            I knew if I posted the bubbled syringe trigger here, I would be able to think of more triggers that make me smile.   

No comments:

Post a Comment