Thursday, January 17, 2019

Precipitation



I was in a science class the other day
where the students had gone outdoors to
collect one of three tubes that would measure
the precipitation.

They were to record their findings,
use barometers,
study the clouds,
etc.
The tubes showed 0 precipitation.

It had been foggy that morning.
I remember when the school bus would pass
our house
the last two years
I would look out my window and see
clouds surrounding the hills across the way
but they surround us now and
it is often too foggy to see what's
behind my neighbors houses.

I had to drive in that fog.  I
followed a truck for as far as I was able
It got off the same exit, but did not
go in the same direction.  I was
left on my own

Why is it that there isn't any moisture
in these clouds?  in
this fog?  Is there inversion mixed in
with the clouds.  It does lift
eventually
unlike big city smog that never lifts
always linger.
The fog has been lingering too.
And the rivers, although they look full
and raging in some areas
still look shallow in others.
I wonder why that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment