Thursday, January 3, 2019

Light Yellow

When Jenna was younger, we 
would sometimes watch shows on demand.  
I cannot remember the name of the program we 
watched geared toward young children on development.  

I thought it was called "Baby Genius" but 
am unable to find a series under that name.  
There are only two episodes I remember more 
detail than others.  One was a special during 
the Christmas holidays on how candy canes 
are made.   

Another I remember teaching colors.  I remember 
yellow specifically.  An egg was cracked open.  
The yolk was identified as "yellow".  And then the
egg was whisked, and milk was added to it for 
"light yellow" 




I think the yolk appears to be more orange than yellow.










I haven't thought about that show for years until 
the last two times I have been beating the eggs
I've made for breakfast.  I watch the yolk mixed 
with the white and add milk and watch as the 
mixture lightens.  

It seems like a weird memory.  But it's the a 
memory that makes me smile when I think about
the early seeds that were planted in Jenna's 
brain development.

No comments:

Post a Comment