Saturday, January 19, 2019

Good-Bye to my Aunt Gertrude


Aunt Trudy passed away on Monday night. 
Her funeral service is today and
I am unable to attend as the funeral is
in Utah and I am in Oregon. 
My thoughts are with my family today
along with my sweet aunt who lived a long
and beautiful life. I wish I could be there for
all of my family and show my support to a dear
woman whom I truly do love and will miss -
and have missed.

Dementia became a thief in Trudy's life after
our move to Oregon. I was
unable to put in time in helping to
take care of her and Uncle Ted. 
In a way I felt bad that I wasn't
there to participate.  Yet in another way
I was grateful for the excuse to not have to
go through that again.  

Should it rain today (which I am told the
sky has been doing - and is doing here
in Oregon) I hope that my family members
think of the drops as tears of joy at the
reunion that must be taking place.
I had believed that Ted and Trudy would
outlive us all.
Perhaps they already have.
How many of us will live to see
97 or 100 or even older than that.
What a legacy.

Well written and such thoughtful
words on her obituary. 
Thank you to those members who were able
to provide the time and emotions to
care for her in Utah the way
that I could not from Oregon.
I wish I could be there for every one of
them today.  Thank you Ted and Trudy
for your wisdom and your love.
Thank you to my Heavenly Father for
allowing me to feel all of this love.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment