Monday, January 14, 2019

Word: What's the Opposite of Hard?


Hard is the opposite of Easy.  Hard is also the opposite of Soft. 
I have made several hard boiled eggs in my life time. 
I have eaten my eggs soft boiled before. 
I have had them over-easy, but not easy boiled.


I have sat in chairs that have been very hard.
I have sat in chairs that feel soft. 
I've had an easy time sitting on some chairs
I've had a very hard time with others.



Take the theatre chairs at Jenna's school for instance.
They are not easy to get into. 
They may be soft to the small teenage buttox,
but I am a plump woman who finds it difficult - or hard
to sit comfortably.  I have learned that those teeny bop chairs
are harder to get out of.

Our carpet is not soft to the naked foot
but I would not say that it's hard; it is rough.
I have a hard time keeping my slippers over my toes;
they seem to come off very easily.

I have a hard time keeping focused on my accounting material.
I have had some classes that have been easy.
I would not categorize any of them as "soft".

Sometimes I have difficulty finding something to post about on my blog
Sometimes it is easy, but never soft. 
Jenna thinks saying the word "Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia " is easy
I find it hard to say.  I don't think anyone 
thinks of it as soft.

When asked what the opposite of hard is, my mind, for the most part
use to think of soft before easy.
Now I think of easy first because that's usually the definition
for crossword puzzle clues.

Which definition do you think of first?


For more hard/soft/easy comments, check out this page.



No comments:

Post a Comment