Tuesday, October 4, 2016

There is no Passion


            By the third week of each module, I have felt stressed about my assignment at hand.  This week shouldn't be any different.  I've already expressed my opinion about management and business - and yet I am required to turn in an essay - not just of my opinion, but at least two references to back up what I think.  I am also supposed to write in third person rather than first person.  So where's my opinion?

            This week's focus is on the strength, weakness, opportunities and threats (or SWOT) of a particular company.  Everyone in the class is assigned the same topic, same company.  No wonder some professors seem more focused on APA formatting than content.  It would be easier to skim through each assignment and grade it according to format than to actually read every single one and manage to stay awake long enough to grade them all.

            I am so bored out of my mind!  Maybe not so much bored as disgusted that I have to learn all of this.  Oh, I know it's important to those who really have that desire to start a business and grow - not me.  I don't want to do the research for business!

            This afternoon I need to be to a lecture for this class.  I should probably be booting up my laptop in the event that I will be able to participate by mike.  If not, I will return to my PC and sign in to a different class.  Class starts in eight minutes.  I've been connected to the associate dean whose class I had attended last week.  What a break for me!  I really did try to sign on with my own professor.  I can't help it if the link I clicked on connected me to a different instructor.

            He will actually mute the mikes of those in the classroom, and so I am back at my own keyboard, but do have my laptop up and running just in case . . . There's just such a lack of passion on my part right now.  I can't fake enthusiasm over the mike.  Right now I can't actually hear anything.  Class is about to start.  Correction, class has started.

1 comment: