Friday, May 4, 2018

Journal Entry


             I could have slept in this morning as I did not need to be up with Jenna.  She's currently in Portland with the rest of her schoolmates.  She had asked if I'd take her to the school yesterday morning.  Quite understandable.  She didn't wish to carry her "luggage" on the bus and then up the hill. I don't like to drive in school traffic and told her we would have to leave early.

            Since I had to go back through downtown anyway, I decided I would stop at the park for some needed exercise and hopefully dodge the buses.  It had been colder outside than I had predicted.  I made good timing with missing the buses - except for one returning to the bus yard - at least I would guess.  I didn't have to stop for it though.  It seemed to be going slower than the allowed speed limit, but that's okay.  I don't care much for flying down Old Pacific at 45 mph anyway.

            As I turned off the main street, I passed a couple of high schoolers on their way to the bus stop. I don't know if the high school offers overnight trips or not.  My school never did - well, not for the school as a whole. Perhaps the athletes had gone on overnighters - but they didn't happen out of saving accumulated box tops.  I can tell you that.

            I finished up my assignments for accounting and philosophy.  My philosophy assignment for this week was on the topic of tablets vs. textbooks.  My research convinced me that we should stay with textbooks.  Perhaps I can post my assignment after it's been graded?

            After I had finished all my school work, I wrote out some checks to pay bills.  I had three envelopes in my hand when I went out to the mailbox.  It was still early, but the mail had already come.  I had planned to set the bills aside and put out today, except there was a check in the mail that I thought should go into the bank right away.  Thus I went downtown again and dropped my three bills in the mailbox and went to the bank.
           
            Roland had given in to his sweet tooth and decided to bake some cookies.  He was suggested peanut butter and raisins.  Gross!  If you insist on putting raisins in cookies, best to go for "Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies".  I should have just allowed him to make the peanut butter and raisin and then I would not given in to eating any.
  


            Roland and I will need to pick up Jenna at the school at 5:00 tonight.  It is so weird not having her in the house last night.  When was in the sixth grade, her school went to Grants Pass to ride the Jet boats 


and then off to a museum in Ashland.  They stayed the night in Grants Pass.  Yesterday her school went to the Oregon Museum of Science and  Industry in Portland 


and then off to the North Clackamas Aquatic Center.  It is so awesome that she has these opportunities.  


 Today they will be going to the zoo before returning back to Myrtle Creek.


No comments:

Post a Comment