Sunday, February 7, 2021

Ministering Angels

 

          Who or what are ministering angels?  Angels are not necessarily heavenly beings.  Angels come in forms of next door neighbors, friends in the community, even strangers.  I may have related the experience that Roland shared with me about a time in his youth he had picked up a peer who had either been later for work, stuck in the rain, missed the bus . . . or whatever.  We don’t know her story only that she was grateful that Roland had “rescued her” and still thinks about how he saved even to this day.

          I have been grateful for many occasions when others have served me – such as giving me a lift or changing a flat tire when I have been stranded or coming to my rescue when my family has been in need of food.  We have had many angels serve us and we in turn serve others – often those we had not even met before but feel prompted to pay it forward and will continue.

          I had shared a TikTok of a woman praising the Mormons in her time of need during Hurricane Laura.  She referred to them as angels.  We have had many angels assist one another through the fires and rebuilding homes and an incredible outpour of giving.

Sometimes angels can come in the form of animals.  They can lift in ways that some humans cannot.  They provide a sense of unconditional love. I am grateful for all the angels that have been a part of my life and I am grateful for the opportunities that I may be an angel to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment