Thursday, April 1, 2021

Let's Just Leave the Clock Setting Alone

https://www.timeanddate.com/news/time/usa-canada-start-dst-2021.htm

 Daylight Saving happened on March 14th this year.  Oh, joy.  After a month and a half of not being able to drive to the church in the morning there finally came a time that I could leave the house at 7:10 and then gradually at 7:00.  For about a month after Christmas I had left the house at the very time that seminary got out before Jennas instructor volunteered to bring her home until it was light enough for me to see.

https://dlpng.com/png/6598304

The first week before spring break was too dark for my eyes – but I didn’t have to go to the church until this week as the six youth were in quarantine the week before spring break started.  Thankfully, after the youth returned to their normal routine it has been light enough to leave the house by seven.  That gives me an extra ten minutes to drive around the creek instead of crossing over the bridge that leads to downtown.  I prefer going around the river as I will encounter only one school bus – if that.  I don’t want to leave too early because I then have to stop each time it does. 

As a youth it felt like we set our clocks according to General Conference which gave us six months of daylight and six months of standard.  But now they have it set at the second week in March and the first week of November which gives us roughly eight months of daylight and four months of standard.  So why not just get rid of standard?  What is the point of changing the clock for just four months?  Seems like there are many more inconveniences associated with clock setting than not.  Lets just keep the clock where it is and not have to reset in November. 

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/wellness/advice/a21905/adjusting-daylight-saving-time/


No comments:

Post a Comment