Sunday, July 31, 2022

Blowing Smoke

             Richard and I had gone to Medford on Thursday.  As we got closer to the city I could see the mountains in the distance somewhat enveloped in a hazy whiteness.  I asked Richard if it was smoke from the California fires.  He thought it was.  And yesterday I could sense the same sensation I had back in 2020 during the COVID fires well, not that the fires were COVID related the fires had pushed the topic of the pandemic into the back burner like it was no longer relevant,

I could see the orange beams spill into my bedroom.  Kind of eerie especially when the sun wasnt even visible to my eyes when I looked for it outside.  Or through the window rather.  Still too hot outside to want to open the door just for Bonnie to go out and do her business.  The skies are hazy, but the hills are still visible.  It looks overcast but not.  The air quality is better than most summers but there is obviously a stench in the distance.  It makes me sad for the thousands who have to evacuate thus far.  How many more?

Each year that we've been here we have heard the fireworks shoot off to mark the end of Summerfest. The skies are clear enough that the first time ever I was able to watch the fireworks from my bathroom window as I lay in bed.  That was cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment