Sunday, July 16, 2023

“Watch” What We’re Doing With Our”Time”

          In addition to making cards Richard has taken up another hobby: repairing watches.  He buys broken watches at yard sales, estate sales and second hand stores.  Often they just need a new battery but sometimes they require a backing or strap.  He fixes them up to running and donates them to a homeless shelter.

         On Thursday the shelter handed him two large bags of broken watches.  Jai and I have joined his cause and made the watches a family project.  We have sorted the watches into piles of probably just needs a new battery to no straps straps only backings without backings and so forth.  I have decided to wear a new watch each day just to make certain that it is working.  Problem is I find that I havent looked at it often enough.

         I had set a green watch aside as one I might like to keep.  I had it on for two days before I realized the hands were no longer working.  The one I wore today is a red one that has on hat over the face.  There are only four numbers and I couldnt make out the time very well.  I wore it more as a fashion statement.

         Richard has not repaired even a hundred watches yet.  I am certain there are currently 200 watches (give or take a few) on our back table.  Jaime is marking them while I blog about it.  Perhaps I will go join them again once I have posted.

                                        






No comments:

Post a Comment