Thursday, October 26, 2023

Headache, sore throat, body ache, etc.

          Richards birthday is October 3.  Every year around his birthday or sometimes not until before Thanksgiving he will catch a cold that will seemingly linger more each year.  This year happened within a few weeks after his birthday.  He happened to be in San Diego at the time.  He picked up a cold!  I told him NOT to bring it home.  But he did.  First he shared it with our youngest son and brought it home to me.  Oh, gee.

         Cold symptoms effect different people in different ways.  For me, it was like getting hit by a MACK truck not that Ive ever really been hit by a MACK truck mind you.  I just imagine that is partially how it would feel.  Like every tissue and organ within your body has felt the weight of heaviness smacking into it until it is too weak to function on its own. 

         I asked Richard to bring the walker from the shed just so I could use it to support myself as I slowly maneuvered myself from the bed to the toilet moaning in pain.  For a few brief moments I had considered that it could be COVID but overall I felt too weak to even care.  I certainly wasnt about to leave the comforts of home to maybe possibly be tested.  That was Monday. Richard (though he still has a nasty cough) waited on me hand and foot.  And kept me drugged.  Niquil, Dayquil, Alka-selzer whatever.  I am misspelling those drug names?  I feel like I am.  I continued to remained drugged not that I wasnt far from disoriented without them.

         I hadnt gone to Church on Sunday neither of us had.  But I did attend a meeting that I probably shouldnt have.  But I felt much better Tuesday and yesterday not enough to attend the luncheon  I dont think Richard should have either.  I feel better today than yesterday but do tend to hack up phlegm if I have to talk which I am trying so hard not to do.  But I do want to play games with Jaime who must think I sound like Darth Vader.  But I am getting better.  I feel better.  I have ditched my walker.   I doubt I have COVID. Im certain that Richard doesnt have it.  Still he could have brought it home.

         Im grateful for modern day medicines and technology.  Im grateful for restored health.

No comments:

Post a Comment