Friday, November 30, 2012

I WANT MY SPACE!



So often sitcoms will portray the girl as the snuggler and the guy as the one who needs the room.




I don’t have a problem snuggling when we’re both awake -  but when I’m in bed asleep (or trying to) I would rather not deal with that extra weight crushing my bones, leaving indentations in my body, actually making it hard to sleep. 

Roland’s a cuddler.  He’s been extremely tired all week – and very much in the middle of the bed (note it’s NOT a king size bed) leaving enough room on his side for another person while my arm dangles over the bed.  His head like a bowling ball on my shoulder. 

I could actually tolerate all of it except for the dangling arm.  It’s annoying when I look at all the room to the other side of them.  I actually wonder if there might be more room on that side.  Probably not.  If I could just take my arm off, there would be plenty of room.

Jenna likes to cuddle as well.  It worked out better when she was a baby and toddler.  Now there are parts of her body (usually an elbow or her head) that manage to find my ribcage or cut off the circulation in one of my legs.  She has always been solid.  I think she must weigh even more when she snuggles.

Roland’s always producing heat.  Great for winter camps.  Atrocious in the summer time.  I usually get up during the night to turn the fan on.  He always has the blankets around him.  Oh, please.  Like I want extra bedding around me as well.

I’m grateful that Roland does want to cuddle – that he wants to be close.  It is nice to be wanted.  Sometimes I’ll cuddle back until he falls asleep.  I do love him.  But I also love my space. 

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this post?

    Totally agree. Jonah likes to cuddle. I think he's a bit sad that I don't like to cuddle when we're sleeping. It's not that I don't love him. I adore him. But whereas he gets cold, I get really hot. I, too, need my space, and I need to be cool; neither of which I get when I'm cuddling. Like you, sometimes I'll cuddle until Jonah falls asleep (which doesn't take long because he goes out very quickly).

    I like cuddling; just not when I'm wanting to sleep. The only time I like to cuddle at bed time is if it's super cold.

    ReplyDelete