Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Out of Publication






          I don't know if I had purchased this book before or after Jenna was born.  I'm thinking before.  I'm thinking 50 cents.  And what a treasure.  It is called "A Child's Story of the Pearl of Great Price" by Deta Petersen Neeley.  This is a book I would love for my granddaughters to have, but sadly it is no longer in publication.  I think it would be a wise thing for the Church publish it again.



          The particular copy that I have was published in 1954 by Deseret News Print.  I think when I initially purchased the book, it was in pretty good condition.  Much better than its present state.  It looks like it has received some water damage, and the pages have started to yellow.  I need a backup in case it falls apart and I plan to scan it in a pdf or tiff in order to read it better and perhaps I can create a new format to give to my granddaughters - still giving credit to Deta Petersen Neeley of course.

          The book includes 143 pages of 17 chapters divided into four sections



and ending with the Articles of Faith (see here



Big project.  I have four years before the eldest will be baptized.  I hope to have completed by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment