Wednesday, May 8, 2019

No More Frosting


            When Jenna was younger we used to share food.  She would eat parts that I didn’t especially like and vice-versa.  At this moment I forget all of the food except for eggs and cake.  Jenna could eat yolks only when they were scrambled with whites.  She has finally converted to hard boiled yolks.  Of course, they must be surrounded by the white part.  I can eat the whites though they are not my favorite.  I like runny yolks for dipping my toast or pancake.  I am completely grossed out by any of the white part if not completely cooked.  I would rather have an overcooked egg than an undercooked one.



            As with most kids, Jenna preferred the frosting to the cake itself.  I like to be in control of just how much frosting is going on my piece of cake.  For the most part (unless the layer is really thin) I will scrape off the frosting and so Jenna and I sharing a piece of cake was never a problem.  Jenna would always accuse me of being nuts as “the frosting is the only part worth eating”.



            Although cake is not her preferred method of dessert, she has learned that the cake itself. She says the frosting is too sweet and prefers her cakes without it.  I never thought I’d live to see the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment