Monday, September 27, 2021

Come Follow Me Facebook Group

         Once a month, the church holds a sacrament meeting known as “fast and testimony meeting”.  This meeting is normally held at the first Sunday of the month.  The exceptions are just prior to or after General Conference.  Conferences take place the first weekend in April and October.  The ward I reside in has always done the testimony meeting the last Sunday in March and September.  This gives members of the congregation the opportunity of standing at the pulpit to express their understanding of the gospel and to share their testimonies.

        Yesterday’s meeting was quite powerful and the Spirit was delivered in such reverent manner.  I had worn a clean mask which was no longer clean as it was filled with moist emotion. It had started before the bishop had invited the congregation to come and speak.  The sacrament hymn was "I Stand All Amazed" (here) which I have memorized because my eyes are always to blurry to see the words.  It was awesome to partake of the Spirit.

        After I returned home I had checked my facebook account.  One of the memories that popped up was concerning a fast that was held last year – also before conference.  We had been asked to fast and pray about five specific things.  I reshared the post to two different groups that I’m a part of.  One of them was the “Come Follow Me” group that I have been a part of for less than a year now.

        When I checked my notifications this morning I noticed several comments had been left on my post.  One was a sincere question about the fast and several others left their comments in response to the question.  I have always appreciated being a part of the group. This morning I was especially grateful for the support it offers so many. I don’t feel the need to add to what has already been said. I am grateful for those who took the time to address the concern my first commenter had.

        Technology can often be frustrating.  It can invite evil but it can also invite good.  So impressed to have this technology that I can use for good.  I am so thankful to all of those involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment