Friday, April 8, 2022

Among the Missing

I did have a few photos of me at various dances such as my high school Junior Prom.  It was held at the capitol building and I had asked a guy that I worked with.  I thought it would be cool to attend the junior prom in my junior year but was not popular enough to be asked out.  Thus I had asked someone who went to another high school and school district. We both felt like outcast in this luxurious room full of students that neither of us shared commonalities.  We left and went to Snelgroves (the ice cream parlor where both of us worked) and had some ice cream.  Afterwards we decided to go to a disco scene called The Front Page.  We were serverly overdressed – but had a lot more fun at the Front Page than at the capitol building.

 There was another dance I had attended when I had gone to at Ricks College – I don’t even remember the theme or dance name.  I remember my date making pom-pom figures to match what we were wearing.  I think we may have had one other date and that was it.  I don’t think I would even have thought about my missing photos except for Jai’s senior prom is coming up.

Jai’s Senior prom is scheduled to be held at the Grand Victorian where she has played parts in theatre productions.  Originally she had wanted to make a garbage dress similar to the one that Cruella wears in this scene 

Only instead of using newspaper, she was planning on every homework assignment.  Only she hasn’t figured out how to fix it off herself and transfer back onto herself.  Richard wants to take her shopping for an actual prom dress – which I really don’t mind but I loathe shopping and I loathe spending money on an item that may only be worn just once.  I enjoyed wearing dresses when I was her age but she hates wearing dresses probably more than I hate shopping.  (Shopping online isn’t all that bad – but she really should be trying the dress on . . . .

So here are the photos I do have:

This is the dress I wore to the prom; this photo was taken 
the following year when I ran for Miss Teen Midvale

I don't know what possessed me to think that jacket might look good
with a recycled choir dress.  The dress that my mom is wearing is the
same one I am wearing in my wedding picture. Made for good use, I thought.





No comments:

Post a Comment