Friday, April 15, 2022

What Goes Around Comes Around . . or so it seems

          Last week Richard took Jai and her friend prom shopping.  I had planned to go with them but was feeling dizzy and nauseous and thought it might be better just to stay home – not that it was a huge sacrifice on my part NOT to go shopping.  Anyone who has read my blog from the beginning or just certain posts KNOWS that I am not a shopper by any means.  Jai’s not much of a shopper either or girly, although she has been interested in dressing up for prom in something frilly.

          Jaime had chosen a tiered pink dress that really did not seem to fit her taste.  I don’t know if she really liked it or just felt pressure from Richard and Ruth.  I know she got the shoes just to shut them up, but was not comfortable wearing them. When she modeled the items for me, I noticed that the back did not zip all the way.  She was hoping for alterations but the fabric seemed to sheer to really work with.

          Ruth had also chosen a dress and shoes.  Richard paid for Ruth's dress and shoes with the expectations that she would pay him back – although neither one of us see that happening.  I think her own dad purchased a second hand car for her to drive.  We don’t know how she is able to afford gas.

          I had her try on my green dress – which she looks really good in by the way.  She said she liked it but not as a prom dress.  Understandable.  But the more she thought about it, the more she had talked herself into it.  Meanwhile we had purchased two more dresses as options.  One we brought home and she tried on yesterday – and although she liked the look of it, she is not thrilled with the feel.  The other is set to arrive on Monday (so much for wearing that on Easter)

          And now a member of our ward has also ordered a dress and has offered to take Jaime shopping.  This sister has had a lot of difficulties come up in her life and has conquered them in a variety of ways.  Sometimes it seems to me that she tackles her problems in much different ways than I myself would.  From my observation she sometimes seems to create mountain out of molehills.  But I could be wrong.  I know she’s much more aggressive than I am.

          She really didn’t have to do that – especially as I don’t think her financial situation is the greatest.  But I could be wrong about that, too.  She said she considers Jaime one of her girls and really wants to do this for her.  Perhaps she felt inspired. Who am I to deprive her of blessings?  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment