Monday, September 26, 2022

Although I appreciate the Spontaneity, We Really Need to Work on Prioritizing

        We blew the opportunity of picking blueberries for 50 cent per pound.  On Friday night Richard had announced to the troop that we would go pick blueberries the following morning and leave the house by 8:30.  I knew that wasnt going to happen.  It was a rough night for all of us.

       I was a grouch.  I knew I would be a grouch all day if I didnt get some sleep.  When I am so exhausted and cannot sleep I tend to cry.  I have cried a lot this month.

       On Saturday the gang did not pick blueberries nor did they go to the Safari.  Richard had decided on a dog park in order to save money.  He invited me to come along and felt disappointed when I chose not to.  He was going to be upset with me either way.  At least by not going I wouldn't be shooting off my mouth to offend. 

         What changed between Saturday and today that he had the gall to suggest taking the gang to Bandon.  Are you kidding me?  They are here to save money so that they can move out.  What are you teaching them taking them to Bandon where we both know were going to spend money and throw food away?  Plus we have already missed our window of opportunity to leave in the morning.  If we go in the afternoon we will have to leave in a hurry because we are burning daylight.  We dont have to go.  There is always next summer. I'm sure they will still be here.

       I know Im complaining.  Its already an inconvenience having to step over one dog but now there are two not to mention the stuff still in the halls, on the deck, in the driveway, the shed, their room, etc.  I lost my game room in the process.  

    Ally leaves her toys wherever.  And I am appalled at how many half empty water bottles I have found all over the house.  CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES!  I AM NOT THE FRICKEN MAID! And Ally needs to be able to mind without attitude 

       Ally has not started school still.  When she does finally wake up she starts off each morning on her electronics.  Clair seems good about monitoring her - but then she is on her phone looking up times, places, etc. or texting. She never seems to get upset and has a lot of reason to.  She is the peacemaker.  She bridges the gap.  And there is a lot of gap.

       I lived in dorms when I was in college which I think is different from living in a regular apartment.  I have never lived in an apartment before, but feel like I am now.  Two units of people basically keeping to themselves.  We did have dinner the first few nights they were here.  Now they take off and dont return until Richard and I have already eaten. 

       Were all inconvenienced except possibly Richard who seems oblivious.  He doesnt always prioritize either and so how can we expect Biff when theres no example to follow?  I think hes looking to live on free handouts for the rest of his life.  He asked why I wasnt working.  Richard defended me by telling him its because I cant drive which is true.  During certain hours that is. 

        Now reading scriptures and trying to calm down.  The Lord has sent me this trial so that I can learn.  I'd just assume not learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment