Monday, June 12, 2023

Why Do It Now When You Can Put It Off Until The Last Minute?

           I have always been a “get it out of the way as soon as possible” type of gal.  I HATE procrastinationAlways have.  There are many things I am willing to do spontaneously but not calling upon others to assist or attend without warning.  Such as getting married or being advanced in the priesthood or attending the temple for the first time (see here). 

           Perhaps Richard and I had not set the finest example by giving everybody just eight hours or less.  Everybody knew that the day was coming. I wasn’t expecting anybody to put their lives on hold for us or getting the turnout that we did. 

          Biff has always kept things to himself and will casually announce his big plan for “tonight” – I need more notice than “oh, by the way . . .”  They said they’d be moving out today – but I had been hearing that for two weeks.  Saturday.  No Wednesday.  Even when I saw the bed frame on the porch I had my doubts.  They slept on the mattress(es) for the last three or four days.  Is that all?  It seems as though it had been longer.

          I heard them up early – well, for them.  Biff was gone when I had returned from the first water fitness class – but Clair and Ally were in the front room watching some program on the Disney Channel.  Biff had already taken a few carloads to the rental they’ll be moving into tomorrow.  But I didn’t see anything to fulfill the promise of moving out today.

          At 2:00 they left the house as Ally had an appointment.  I don’t know when they made the time (or expense) of getting the truck.  But it is now in our driveway.  Biff, Clair and Richard are loading.  I offered to help and decided my contribution would be with keeping Bonnie in the room with me so that she’s not in the way.  Good luck with their own dog.  That could be Ally’s job . . .

          They started loading at 5:30 I guess.  5:30 p.m. That seems an odd time to start loading up.  Richard suggested I call the missionaries to what?  Drop whatever else they have going to come assist?  If they had had warning they could have penciled into their agenda.  It’s 85 degrees outside but at least there is a breeze so that will be helpful. 

          We’ll be picking up Jaime from Ashland tomorrow and she will be able to have her room back.  Richard will be able to move his desk from the back room into what was his office since we moved in.  And we’ll be able to find the back room and go through the sheds.  Guess we all have a fun summer ahead of us.  I would still like to go to Salt Lake and visit my sibs and Tony and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment