Friday, June 28, 2013

Unbearable Heat



On Monday I created this post.
On Tuesday it was windy.       Not just a cool breeze.  Powerful winds – almost like before a storm. The skies were grey but appeared almost cloudless and yet I could not get this song out of my head



Since then the temperatures have been in the three digits.  It’s not supposed to go down until Wednesday.  And then it’s still supposed to be 97

Biff said he is unable to sleep because it’s so freakin hot and we have taken out the air conditioner that was in his room and put it in the main room.  Roland says he can’t give it back until Biff’s room is clean.  And if it’s not clean, we will be moving him into Jenna’s room and Jenna can have Biff’s room. 

We did set up a small inflatable pool.  It has been somewhat helpful.  But theoretically we’re not supposed to be using so much water.  There is a drought. Grass is dry and we’re not supposed to water.  Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. You have no idea! It's supposed to be 117 tomorrow, and I'm helping carry a coffin. Should be a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sorry about that; bad enough that you have to deal with the funeral. I know the heat makes it worse. And I know it's worse there than here. I understand there are some states that are having problems with rains and floods. I'd honestly rather have that problem.

      Delete