Monday, August 14, 2017

Free Stuff


          Roland ended up taking Jenna to the fair on Friday.  I thought it said to dress as a vegetable to get in free, but a friend pointed out that it said to dress a vegetable.  




Thus Roland and Jenna decorated a couple of carrots before leaving the house.






          After they arrived, they were told there was a seven dollar fee to park.  Roland asked where the free parking was located.  He was told if he parked at the high school, there was a "shuttle" that would bring him back to the fair.  So in order to save money, they went and parked at the high school and returned on a school bus that Roland assures me was designed for small people.  I smiled as I considered the greyhound I had taken from Portland to Salt Lake City in this post.



 

          They returned home just as I had finished up my last post - but had not yet posted "Use Labels for Items, Not People "  Jenna and Roland were wearing black baseball caps when they returned.  Enthusiastically, Jenna started pulling items out of a blue tote bag she had received and told me how she and her dad had acquired each.





           Roland had purchased a few tickets so that Jenna could play games or go on rides.  She collected posters by throwing darts.




          She used all of the tickets but four and as there was nothing left for only four tickets, she gave her tickets to the bus driver to pass on to another child who may not have a lot of money either.




          Though it had cooled down from the beginning of the week, it was still hot.  I don't think that Roland and Jenna were gone for four hours before they returned.   

          Roland asked me to take her to a birthday party as he was worn out and didn't feel like driving.   For the second time in our lives,  I dropped Jenna off at party without having met parents (or adult guardians) I think it was probably the most well attended party she's been to since we've lived in Oregon.

  

          This week has cooled down 20 to 40 degrees from last week.  That's quite a jump!  I have had the windows open for the last two nights and it's been wonderful!  Jenna and I put on our swimsuits this morning for our water aerobics class, but first went to the middle school to drop off some books.  Though the temperature read 62 degrees, it felt colder because of the cool wind.  I stopped to put my jacket on, and we both opted not to continue with going to class (which I think is a first for Jenna and water) and went downtown to hand deliver a couple of surveys that Roland would like to have for class and a possible business (which I will post about at another time)



          We stopped off at Soco for the world's greatest cookie (I kid you not . . . walnuts, coconuts, chocolate chips PACKED into deliciousness) and returned home before 9:30.  Will be heading to the library within the hour.  I don't know what the specific theme is for today.  I think perhaps we'll be building fairy gardens.  I think next week may be our last for summer reading.  I know Jenna returns to school on the 29th.






No comments:

Post a Comment