Thursday, August 10, 2017

Missing the Fair




                I think most fairs offer a free admission before things fully get started.  Roseburg offers a FREE Admission for Seniors Until 3pm I thought today, but it was actually yesterday.  We could all dress up as vegetables and get in free tomorrow between 10:00 and 1:00. 



Jenna loves to dress up, too, though I don't know if she's ever considered dressing up as a vegetable - though I know that she would do it for food.  No matter.  It's been so smoky and hot that I don't want to go - although we had planned on it.  We'd take Jenna there in the afternoon but probably wouldn't spend a lot of money.

                Jenna asked if we could go today.  Her friend had called and asked if she could meet her.  I told her to see if she could just get a ride with her friend - it certainly seems like it would be more convenient for both of them to arrive together than to try and meet up.  Thus far it doesn't sound promising that she will be going this year.


                But we have gone to the last two and there will be more.  Roseburg may not even be as smoky as Myrtle Creek appears to be right now - or it could actually be worse.  The fires don't appear to be as close to us as the smoke is. 



                I'm just having a hard time dealing with it as I age. I really shouldn't complain as I am better off than others who have had to evacuate or who have lost their homes. My prayers are with all of those who fight to put out the fires and keep us safe from harm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment