Modern Technology in some aspects has made our lives easier, but at the same time has seemed to create more challenges - particularly when there is a glitch or breakage. Last week I had both my laptop and pc on my desk. I could seem to receive the internet on my pc so long as my laptop was near - like an insecure child unwilling to go through with it on its own. Oh, brother.
I've been using Internet Explorer on the PC as chrome seems to provide a tremendous amount of pop-ups (even though the blocker is set to BLOCK) which is extremely annoying when taking an exam. But lately I've been having issues with explorer as well. I don't know why, but I have never liked Firefox. And I can't open Yahoo in the PC at all.
I've been listening to the lectures on laptop just so I can set in a more comfortable chair than I can with PC. My Management Instructor is quite knowledgeable of the subject, but he is soooooo monotone that I have a hard time keeping up. Those voice patterns we call Siri and Alexa on our machines - they seriously put in more emotion into what they are saying (machines, mind you) than does my management instructor. He does not sound robotic exactly. His delivery isn't even that exciting.
I did not choose to attend the luncheon or games yesterday. Often when I have two classes I have still made the effort to show up for either one or the other, but somehow felt more pressed for devoting more time as I have two discussions, two assignments and two assessments for the week. I would like to turn them in ASAP. Once again I am shaking my head at the very idea of procrastination.
My goal for last week, this week and the next two are:
1) to look up all my references on Monday so that I will have them available for discussion and possibly management assignment.
2) snooze lecture on Tuesday morning - the subject really isn't that bad; it's his deliverance - or lack thereof.
3) write the discussion posts and post them to the appropriate class
4) sign into lecture of second class after it starts because I tried signing in early last week and as it turns out he is in another class and I ended up getting cut off. Review takes about twenty minutes anyway.
5) work on assignments for both classes. Review. Review.
6) Review and correct if necessary and turn in either Wednesday night or Thursday morning
7) take assessments. But do not use chrome on PC. check Yahoo emails on Laptop, take quizzes on laptop or use Firefox for PC.
So now I am done. Except for the daily checkpoints (which can only be done per day) I am done for the week. Hallelujah! Frees up my Friday and Saturday for myself or house or community . . . away from the computer if I would like.
I have had blog post ideas, but they have gotten lost in the shuffle of my mind. I've also managed to squeeze in a few word puzzles during my breaks from the computer. Currently I'm not reading anything leisurely. The most interesting reading material I wish to look at lately has been whatever my sister posts to facebook.