Somewhere along the line I had lost 200 words. I prayed, I cried, I stressed, I did more research. I think it sounded better than my first, but will never know for certain. I was a wreck. I had asked Roland to help me with the other part as he has been looking at charts and numbers and figures and can understand them better than I can. I turned in both assignments, completed both assessments and had freed up my Friday!
I cleaned/straightened house, did laundry, dishes. And after a while, I decided to take a break - after all I hadn't done my daily checkpoints or posted to my blog. I had also decided that I would straighten out a project I've been working on for upcoming baptisms.
I hadn't done much with my project when Roland suggested we make some apple juice. Really? Now?
He'd purchased a juicer from a second hand store. Until then, I didn't appreciate the high cost of juice. Run four apples through a machine for possibly just one ounce. ONE OUNCE? Are you kidding me? Does that mean I need 16 apples for a really small glass? I personally didn't think it was worth all the stress (not to mention waste) but hey, we had possibly 30 apples left and so we worked on the juicing process together.
I kept asking him if we needed to shut the juicer off to give it a breather as it sounded like the motor was having stress. I recognize the stress motored sound. I would often run a vacuum cleaner near Jenna's bed when she was little because the motor helped her go to sleep. The motor also burned out.
The juice tasted good, but the color reminded me of vomit - not appetizing to the eye at all.
I did not realize that when I took a picture of this juicer, it would be in the garbage can just twenty minutes later. On the plus side, I didn't have to clean it - though cleaning the parts was not that hard, nor was assembling the juicer. But it is gone now. What a shame.
Roland took out the Ninja - which is possibly what we should have used and had never purchased the juicer in the first place and I took the apple slop out to the compost before putting the parts in the garbage can.
We filled up an apple juice bottle. If I saw this on the shelf, I would not buy it
While I cleaned out the blender
Roland took the goop that was left in the strainer and made some more applesauce. But unlike our first, this one has a weird texture to it because of the peels.
I couldn't find matching lids and rings and so
I put the very last bit in a pickle jar.
I baptismal project still remains to be worked on.