Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Christmas Eve


          When Carrie and Randy’s gift arrived at our house, Jenna decided it would be the first one which would be opened.  We played a game of Monopoly though there’s at least 20 games in our possession that I’d rather play.  After I lost and Jenna forfeited out of boredom, we turned on the Muppet Christmas Carol though we really don’t have a great copy.  I fell asleep while it played.  

We had planned to open our first gift on Christmas Eve after we watched “It’s A Wonderful Life but since I had fallen asleep during Muppets, Jenna decided to open the gift before  “It’s A Wonderful Life” started.  It was a game! 



Because of the time, we decided we would play in the morning instead of right then. 
Jenna decided to go to bed after only an hour into the movie. Between 9:30 and 10:00 last night Roland retrieved the presents from my closet.  I spread the gifts beneath the tree.  We filled the stockings and finished with the movie. When “It’s A Wonderful Life” ended, I went into the bedroom, though I don’t remember Roland coming into the room until possibly an hour later.  I don’t know why. 
          When he did get into the bedroom, he read a bit before turning off the light.  At midnight Jenna opened her door and asked if it was time to open presents.  She gets very excited.  I think she must have left her room shortly after that as I noticed there were more gifts placed beneath the tree and in our socks.  I love it when my children get into the Christmas spirit and each attempt to play Santa themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment