Friday, June 8, 2018

From Hornet to Lancer: the Colors are Still the Same



          Jenna has graduated from Middle School.  Her last day was yesterday and there was a promotion celebration last night.    The principal passed out a few awards.  The first one was for perfect attendance.  She and Kylee had both received perfect attendance awards that day.  Jenna had not missed any school - including the Monday after spring break when I told her she could stay home.  Kayla's family didn't leave until about an hour after she returned.


          The promotional award for 100% attendance went to Kylee who had not missed a day in three years.  I don't recall Jenna having ever missed a class in sixth grade, but know she had missed some during seventh grade.  She had missed the last two days when we left Oregon to go back to Utah for Jeanie's funeral.


          The last award given was for special recognition for outstanding student.  The buildup was one who dressed up for every Spirit day, was always kind to everybody, a happy individual, a great example and more.  I could see Jenna's peers telling saying her name and Jenna denying it. But guess what?  It was her!  She was surprised and I was ecstatic!  She deserved that award.


          My baby will be starting high school this fall.  High School!!!  I remember when she was born and I held her in my arms.  She is taller than me now.  I LOVE Jenna so much.  She is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment