Tuesday, October 1, 2019

G is for Generations



                We must have stopped for gas in Central Point on our way home from Salt Lake last Christmas.  I remember stopping in a used book store.  I found a keepsake journal called “The Grandparent Book”.  Amy Brouse Rosenthal had created a book with a giant upper case “G” on both front and back covers.  


The purpose is for a grandparent to journalize his/her life and allow the grandchild to make comparisons of their life to the grand.  None of the pages were marked.  It was in excellent condition and inexpensive.  Thus we purchased it and I planned to fill it out.

          The book is designed for one grandparent or the other.  And as all the grandkids have biological ties to Roland, I thought he should be the one to fill out the pages.  I decided we should give it to our only grandson who will turn one on Friday.  He and Roland practically share a birthday as his is the day before.  Roland and Robbie are 65 years apart. 

          Not all the pictures we used match the page description.  I was quite limited on my options of photos to choose from.  But I was able to use photos of Roland and Tony (Robbie’s dad) when Tony was still in diapers and so that might be fun for Robbie to appreciate as he gets older.  I will mail the book out today and send it priority so that it will get there for his birthday – not that he will fully appreciate it now.  But mom and dad might, and even his oldest sister, Ester. 

          I hope this book will become a great treasure and he will get to know another grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment