Sunday, March 29, 2020

Traveling Through Time


20 years ago I was still living with my mom in Midvale.  I was serving as the young women’s secretary in my ward.  The following year I had signed a contract to purchase a house.  We moved Roland and the boys in on March 17 – which happens to be my brother’s birthday.  Patrick had helped us to move in.  I remember painting rocks and Patrick’s youngest daughter thinking Roland was a funny man.
Three years later I was pregnant with Jenna.  The ward had thrown a baby shower on March 27 – my other brother’s birthday.  Jenna was born the following week. 

5 years ago I had started packing to take a trip to Oregon during spring break.  We started looking at houses (see here).  We moved into a rental.  Less than a year later we closed on a house in Tri City.  Three years ago today, Jenna and I took pictures as we visited downtown Myrtle Creek in this post.

Last year I was still in school.  I had just started a communications class.  I was also subbing for an instructional aide at the elementary school.  I had used my experiences at the elementary school to assist with the subjects of my assignments (here).

Last month I dropped Jenna off at the bake sale on our way home from church.  She was helping the choir to raise money for a trip they would like to make to San Francisco (here). 

And then there’s this month – which seemed to start out normal enough.  And then everything changed.

Last week I sent a facebook message to my cousin wishing her a happy birthday – one of many that will be celebrated in a far different way than imagined (if at all)

Several birthdays spent in solitaire.  Today I have joined my prayers with so many others in a worldwide fast.  Last week felt like the longest spring break that I can ever remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment