Friday, May 1, 2020

Another Project (NOT a puzzle) LOL



A couple of months after we had moved into our house in Tri City, Jenna and I were walking around Millsite Park when we met a man named Chris.  It was the one and only time our paths had crossed.  I do not know his last name.  He made custom canes.  It was a unique thing personalizing such an ordinary thing.  After our encounter I had collected a bunch and words and pictures that I could have ready should our paths cross again.  They never did.  Thus I made my own walking stick about a year and a half ago. (see here

          This year the quarantine has given me an opportunity to make a walking stick for Roland.  I kept his artwork (greeting cards and assignments) in color.  It does not have the results of my own and it isn’t really finished.  I still have several layers of coating to finish it off.

          I remember having done paper mache projects in school.  There was one time we were required to cover our balloon in several layers in order to harden it.  That is what adding layers of coating remind me of.  I did not take step by step photos of his cane the way I did my own walking stick.  It’s still not finished but I took three pictures of the cane and tried to piece them together. Didn’t work out too well



Here are some of the details before I printed them and glued them to the wood.







I like appearance of my walking stick better.

No comments:

Post a Comment