Saturday, June 27, 2020

Day 4: Palmyra

On Sunday Randy took us to Palmyra.  We had passed the Palmyra Temple and Hill Cumorah in Manchaster.  I did not take pictures as we hadn’t stopped.  The plan was to visit the sacred grove in Palmyra and hit the other sites on our return.

 Once again Randy played tour guide as we led ourselves around, read signs and took many pictures. 







Jenna is so great at taking selfies






Love this picture that Jenna took of her brother and niece









LaTiesha, Randy, Devin, Roland


When the missionaries finally showed up we were told that the visitor center was closed (due to COVID of course) but that virtual tours were offered.  We decided we would forgo the tour as Randy had done a good job and we were all hungry and wanted food. 

We drove through the city of Palmyra but did not find food there, but some interesting sites.  



four churches are located at one intersection



I could not capture all four churches in one photo.  

This picture taken from Wikipedia shows four
churches that can be seen at the intersection

We ended up at a Burger King.  We’d gone through the drive-thru and then learned the dining room was open.  It may be first time I have been inside of a food place this year.  No, it was the second time.  I remember having Chinese once before the pandemic started

not the best picture as it appears to be double exposed.  Really too
bright of  reflection but I thought it a cute photo of Devin.

We did not return to Manchester.  I did not get pictures but figure I can pull some off the internet.  I don’t have to see a place with my naked eyes to know that it exists.  

The next day Randy introduced us to a movie called The Fighting Preacher.  Here is a trailer.  I enjoyed learning more about the sacred grove and other church sights from having watched this movie.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment