Thursday, June 4, 2020

Was That Comment Supposed to Make Me Feel Better?

          I am so amazed by the ignorance and the gullibility of some people.  Just after we started phase one (which by the way did not nor does not apply to the entire state as there are currently seven counties still on lockdown.  Since the protests started there has been an increase in numbers with those counties entering phase two come Monday.  Really?  We are still going forward opening the essentials such as bowling alleys and movie cinemas.  Really? 

          Shortly after Nevada started phase one Corey had sent a text out to all family members that three of Joh’s family had tested positive for COVID.  That has snowballed into five.  Normally I don’t comment on facebook posts when my opinion differs with that which is posted, but I was saddened and not excited by the opening of phase 1.  An acquaintance had posted about the opening of different resteraunts.  I did not share her enthusiasm but posted my thoughts on social distancing.  I believe Joh’s brothers were working the frontline and were infected by others who had not bothered to protect themselves.  My acquaintance came back with this reply: 

Really?  Did she really believe her words would offer comfort?  Did she think that spending countless days and weeks in the hospital would be okay whether it meant death or not?  I know that I have been guilty of this myself when I was an ignorant youth.  I hope that I have matured since then.  I do know how to check references.  I would have thought she would have had written a few essays sometime during her life.  But I have no proof of her ever checking sources.  I wonder which four of her family members she would pick to have this "undeadly" disease. I had to stop following her before the end of the month. 

Jenna had suggested to me to join the page “Worldwide Fast” when it was called that.   The name has been changed to “Worldwide Unified” and has almost 600,000 members.  It’s great to have so much support, faith, prayers, thoughts of healing.  Yesterday I shared this thought:


 I am overwhelmed by the support of so many.  Most of the names I see belong to people I have yet to meet.  What an amazing group.

 

Sidenote:  Just so my readers are aware I am taking a break from the internet for a couple of weeks.  That means I won’t be posting anything to facebook or here for a while.  I just need a break.  Don’t we all?


No comments:

Post a Comment