Sunday, August 8, 2021

Unbelievable – Let’s Talk Numbers

           Would you believe that I finally joined the world of touch screen phone?  I changed my plan – or rather my carrier who does not support flip phones.  I went with them on a whim.  It will save us almost 10 dollars a month – which isn’t huge.  But if I can save 5 dollars here and 10 dollars there, it adds up.  Before you know I have save us 45 dollars not to mention the subscriptions to various things which adds up as well and before you know it I have removed over 100 dollars of unnecessary luxury spending. 

           So I now have a touch screen but have learned that the automatic machines at the other end of the line don’t recognize my pushing numbers.  Oh, that is so not cool.  I am already annoyed with automatic machines as it is.  So impersonal.  How many jobs have been replaced by machines?  A company does not have to pay wages to a machine. 

`I like when the machine appears to be as frustrated as I am and connects me to customer service.  But this machine did not give me customer service.  It said that I would have to try again.  I can’t yell at the machine.  Well, I can, but it doesn’t have voice recognition.  That is why I’m punching numbers.  My touch screen gives me exactly two seconds to tap on something or the screen disappears.  AHHHHHHHH

No comments:

Post a Comment