Friday, October 22, 2021

We Should Travel - at least when it's safe enough to do so.

         My youngest son seems to be making more money than he knows what to do with.  Boo hoo, huh?  His wife's family has paid for a few outings for the entire family - like going to Mexico.  Recently he just purchased tickets to go to Hawaii.  Roland and I never traveled.  We barely had enough to feed the family.  

        There was one time we had gone to Logan to see my brother's performance in something.  I can't even remember what.  Each of the boys had made arrangements to sleep over with various friends and had not shown any interest in going to the play.  Since none of the boys were at home and Roland felt too tired to drive back, we just got a room to spend the night.

        Our youngest (the first to have made sleeping arrangements) calls about midnight to find out where we are.  Apparently the sleeping over plans had fallen through and he was alone in the house and had fallen asleep in our bed waiting for us.  I related this to Roland just a few minutes ago - though he says he doesn't remember.  I doubt Randy remembers either.  But it really did happen.

        There was a time when I thought I would enjoy traveling.  I suppose road trips are okay with the right companion(s) and car.  But I do not want to fly again - especially while there is still the pandemic.  Nor do I wish to gamble on staying at motels or hotels that may or may not be taking precautions for their guests. Too big of a gamble right now.

        I'm okay exploring places virtually - or reading about them.  Less costly and not so physically demanding.  Perhaps one day.  Perhaps not.  And it's okay either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment