Tuesday, November 1, 2022

That Time of the Year

               After we returned home from the ward party on Saturday I could feel my throat starting to get sore.  I made the mistake of taking a lozenge and allowing it to sit under my tongue all night.  My teeth hurt the following morning and I just got to the point where I am no longer pained by cold drinks or food.  Now I have to start all over again.

        I missed church on Sunday turns out that Richard was the only one to leave the house.  Ally had a slight cough and I had heard that her throat was sore.  She didnt act sick.  Not like I was sick.  Still, I dont know why both mom and dad had to stay home with her.  But whatever.  My head throbbed.  It felt like the beginning of a sinus infection.

        Carolyn had asked if I would like to go get coffee with her and Dan on Friday but I told her I might still be sick (not even thinking about health the rest of my household.  Since the start of the pandemic Carolyn has been cautious about germs) and she suggested I get tested for COVID. 

        Yesterday I called the doctors office still not impressed with the facility.  They referred me to Urgent care in Roseburg.  The Urgent and Care part seemed like an oxymoron.  I called the office in Roseburg, put on hold, and heard the recording three times before they hung up on me.  Richard finally decided that we would just drive up there.  I got tested for COVID which came out negative.  I was given a prescription for a Zee Pack and started taking that yesterday.

        In addition to my sinus infection I am also having a cough which has never been part of the infection.  This morning Richard also coughed.  Our brother-in-law just passed and Richard had planned to go to Arizona to show his support to his sister.  I thought I would go with him depending on how I feel, but with our current coughs I highly doubt that the airlines would allow either one of us on the plane provided they are still taking the same precautions that they have in the last two years. 

        I would like for us to show our support but it may have to be at a later time.  Hopefully my head does not hurt so much tomorrow and I may express my thoughts about this years Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment