Thursday, November 10, 2022

God Said "No"

 Jaime said she would not have classes today

or tomorrow and

could I come get her?

but she would need to return on

Saturday as she has tickets

to see a play.

An hour and a half is not that far

But gas prices are outrageous.

Perhaps I could just spend a 

few nights in Ashland.

Richard said it was okay.  

We prayed about our decision.

John Mayer did not reveal a

promising forecast - though 

yesterday did seem more driveable

than it is currently.

I went and got my hair done yesterday

and was talking to my hair dresser

who also advised against driving down

with all those mountain passes to go through.

What mountains?  

I'm from Utah.  

Those are just hills.

Snow is/was in the hills.

It melts pretty quickly.

Too cold to snow.

But not too cold to freeze.

And it has rained.

I could slip on ice.

Or another car could slip

into me.

So many drivers seem to be

in a hurry.

I wouldn't be in a hurry.

I would be hitting every rest stop

between here and Ashland

the way I had hit

every rest stop between Myrtle

Creek and the Young Women's 

camp that was located outside of 

Eugene.  I made it there

Surely I could make it to Ashland.

But it was better weather when I had

retrieved Jaime from camp back in

2019 (here).  It was in June - before 

the outlandish weather that seemed 

to come along side the pandemic.

Both Jaime and I were looking forward

to the possibility of my coming for a visit.

The warning signs are there.

The answer was "No" 

at least this time around.


No comments:

Post a Comment