Friday, June 28, 2019

Well That Was an Interesting Drive

          I had gone to the pool on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Wednesday was colder than Tuesday had been – perhaps warmer with air but cooler with water.  I didn’t bother going yesterday and didn’t seem all that motivated.  I figured as the air felt cold (only 52 degrees) that the water would feel warm.  I never did find out.

          I did drive to the pool.  My phone went off just before I turned in to park.  I thought perhaps it was the instructor telling me that nobody showed and would ask if I was on my way.  I was all prepared to tell her to get an early start on her trip to Portland.  But the phone number was for the Young Women’s camp leader.  Oh –oh.

          She said Jenna had been throwing up and would I like to come and get her or have her weigh it out.  We have both made a commitment to help with the jubilee tomorrow afternoon.  If I went to get her and she was feeling better, I knew she would make it in time for the Jubilee whereas I wasn’t certain what time she would get home otherwise.

          I asked Roland if he wanted to go with me.  He is a better driver than I, but actually did not sleep all that well last night and was up early this morning.  My right leg has been bothering me and the drive did not help matters.  I stopped at every rest stop between my house and the camp.  I picked up some Ben Gay at a Dollar General in Criswell.  2.50 for a generous sized box – I thought.  I guess I was looking at the wrong price as the total was almost twice the amount. 

I asked if there was a public restroom in which I could apply the contents before I got back on the road.  As I said, the box was a generous size – the tube was not.  It was the smallest tube of Ben Gay that I have ever purchased!  It looked like a “trial-sized” tube.  I reapplied it to myself each time I stopped.  It’s a wonder there is anything left.

I looked at where the camp was on the map and thought I could figure it out and figured I would set the GPS as I got closer to my destination.   Unfortunately, I had missed my turn after I decided to set it.  No harm was done, but I probably did go about 40 miles or so out of my way, though the drive was pretty.  And had actually enjoyed it more than the actual route.

          I listened to two Contemporary Christian mix CDs on the way up and ended with Suessical.  On the way home Jenna and I listened to a couple of CDs that we had not listened to since her early childhood.  It was fun watching her sing along and act out the words.  I think she enjoyed them more today than she had when we had listened to them when we lived in Kearns.

          We hit all the rest stops on the way home and stopped in Sutherlin's Dairy Queen to get an expensive bite (mine was not so bad, but the item she selected was a bit pricy) She told me about camp and we made it back home in record time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment