Friday, December 22, 2023

The Turkey Jar

 

Several years ago I had acquired a small jar in the shape of a turkey.  He unhinged at the body as I recall.  I suppose I may still have it in the shed but have not made the effort to look for it at this particular juncture in time. 


this is a cookie jar; mine was a lot smaller with hinges


I remember asking each of the guests who attended Thanksgiving to write down things that they were most for.
  I cut up each sentence into strips to be put into the turkey jar and we would read them during dinner. 

It was an idea I had wanted to incorporate into the holiday – attempting to start my own Thanksgiving tradition.  I remember reading some of the answers – but just that one year.  It was only an attempt.  It never became a tradition. I would have liked to have heard others express their Thanksgiving thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment