Thursday, January 12, 2017

Clyde Meadows - pharmacist



                The 10th was "houseplant appreciation day" - initially Jenna and I had decided to purchase a plant and take it to our local pharmacist today in honor of "national pharmacist day" but as we are limited on funds this month, I decided to spotlight a specific pharmacist instead.  Unfortunately, I don't have the biographical account that I had hoped for.

                If indeed I have the right Clyde Meadows was born on May 26, 1936 in Salt Lake City.  He graduated from the University of Utah (though I don't know what year) He lived on Coronet Dr. in Holladay as of 1981 and worked at a pharmacy in Murray, Utah.  

                Fashion Place did not open until 1972 but I believe Skaggs was there on the corner of State Street and 6100 South long before the mall came along.  Clyde worked there when the location was called Skaggs and when it changed hands to Osco and finally Rite-Aide.  I'm guessing he was there for over 40 years.

                Clyde was great!  Not just as a pharmacist but as a human being.  He could tell you where non-description drugs were located and make recommendations.  He was personable and super friendly.  I'm sad that I didn't know him better.  Clyde passed away on February 27, 2008.  He was 71 years old.

                Thank you, Clyde, for all your years of service and for loving your job and the people that you served.  My mom and I both thought highly of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment