Monday, January 9, 2017

Oregon Snow



                I didn't see snow on the mountains this morning, but the snow came down hard this afternoon.  It didn't stick.  Western Oregon is calling this a "harsh winter"  What we've had thus far has accounted for a rather mild winter according to Utah standards.  I have read so many complaints about the snow and health problems in Utah - even here in Oregon.  I've had a stupid cough, but I don't have the sinus infection that I'm certain would have returned several times even though I would go to the doctor for my z pack if I were living or even just visiting in Salt Lake right now.  I haven't actually been to a doctor in Oregon since September of last year.

                I guess because I had heard snowfall was/is rare in this part of Oregon, I have taken several pictures . . . and yet I wonder what it is about the snow that makes me continues.  Yesterday I realized the snow in Oregon is clean.  It falls to the ground white and remains white until it's gone.  The snow is often questionable when it first lands in Utah.  It doesn't stay white for very long.  Not the same white as Oregon snow.

                When we returned home from Church yesterday, Jenna was excited to see the waterfall in our yard had forked.  She shrieked with delight, "Look!  We have two waterfalls!  Come here mom!  We have a pond!"

                I moved out of the car trying to avoid the "pond" that had formed in our red-neck driveway.  

                Roland went out to divert the water so that it runs into our neighbor's drain.  I saw him go out there.  I did not see him slip and fall.  He had a good attitude about it.  Came in covered with mud and laughing.  We no longer have a forked waterfall or a small lake surrounding our car.  Ah, the life . . . . 




ice path looked like dusted snow at first glance

waterfall split



waterfall fork repaired

No comments:

Post a Comment