Monday, October 30, 2017

Dr. So'n'So Needs a New Car . . . Can We Schedule You for an Appointment?


           In this post I talked about going to the doctor specifically to get a Z-pac.  I had failed to mention that as long as I was there, I mentioned a stomach rash that I hadn't noticed was there until after Labor Day.  The doctor gave me a prescription for some cream which seemed to sting at times, but did/does seem to help. 

            Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned it as it became a bigger concern for her than what I was actually there for.  She said she wanted to see me within a week.  I had to postpone the appointment and perhaps should have just cancelled altogether.  I really have not been satisfied with the clinic overall.  Or this particular doctor . . . And I'm even less impressed with the pharmacy that said they'd have my order ready in less than an hour and still didn't have it when I returned SIX HOURS later . . .  and the doctor said she would put 1 refill on the Z-pack.  I guess the pharmacy didn't get the message.



            So I return to the doctor ten days after my first initial appointment.  She asked to look at my stomach rash again and said she wanted to do a biopsy but did not have time right then.  Are you kidding me?  You ask to see me next week and I can see the rash is not the bright red that it was last week and you want to charge me just to look at it today and have me come in again?  Not going to happen?  I had already told her that I am not made of money.  So she did a biopsy.

            I still itch off and on, but to tell you the truth, the only part of my stomach that hurts right now is beneath the scab of the biopsy.  I am healing.   I'm fine.  I had all the lab work done and am told that things look pretty normal.  I am ecstatic that I am not diabetic - nor was anything said that I really need to watch my sugar intake (which I KNOW but the fact that it wasn't even mentioned . . . wahoo!)  but I'm told they may need another biopsy.  I told them that I would not be available until January.  Come on!  We've got holidays coming up.  We have other expenses.  I got my Z-pack.  My smoke-caused headache is gone.  I can't afford to run to the doctor's because she may or may not need to take a biopsy for something I bet I don't even have.  So January it is . . . maybe. 



            I think what's happening really is that there is need for more fancy updated equipment for the center or something personal for the doctor like a new house or a car.  Well, I'm not paying for it - not right now anyway.  I mean, I guess I should appreciate them taking precaution and preventing a future problem.  Well, I am too - only more with my bank account's health rather than my own.  I'm fine.  I feel fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment