Tuesday, July 17, 2018

I'd rather go to Disneyland



            We have tried saving up for a Disneyland vacation for the last three years - asking each of our children and my siblings to please save for October this year.  Each year we have dipped into our funds - not that we ever had enough to get us there.  Last year we had gone back to Utah for Jeanie's funeral.  Next year will be returning for a wedding between Biff and Clair.  I really would like to meet her and support Biff again.  But truth be known, I HATE weddings.  I'd much rather go to Disneyland.

            We used this year's tax refund to pay off bills, replenish our food storage and an excursion to Enchanted Forrest - though the latter was not necessary.  After struggling from paycheck to paycheck every month, sometimes you just feel that you need to do something so as not to go insane.  So after Jeanie's funeral, I changed the Disneyland excursion to next year.  I suppose if we were to save our tax refund and not touch it until September, we could do both . .. but we'll still have bills.  Still in need of new furniture.  I realize that Disneyland should not even be placed on the list of priorities - Disneyland is not a need whereas food and electricity are.

            I don't know when in September, but I would like to ask Kayla if our family can crash with her family for the length of time that we are there.  Maybe we can drive to Disneyland together (should we happen to be in that position)  I guess it's good to have a goal to shoot for - because even if we never obtain that goal, we have used the money for a more important purpose.  What dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment