Sunday, April 5, 2020

5 Sessions of Conference


Before the Conference Center was built in Salt Lake City, Utah, the conferences were held at the Tabernacle Center on Temple Square.  There was a running joke among the members that we would have rain that weekend because for a long time that is just the way it was.  We could have nice sunny days but each first weekend in October and April we would have rain.

I don’t know what the weather was like in Salt Lake this year, but it rained in Oregon.  Not that it mattered.  We’re stuck inside.  Well, Jenna and I did go for a walk around the neighborhood.  The only people that we saw were drivers and passengers of a few cars that had passed us.  It wasn’t a long walk.  I prefer walking in Millsite than our hilly neighborhood.  I am so out of shape.

This year conference was not broadcast from the conference center, but rather an offshoot room in the tabernacle – at least that was my understanding.  Perhaps it was the main room – though I did not notice the organ in the background.  But I didn’t realize there’d be another room large enough to maintain social distancing.




Conference was good.  It certainly had a different feel to it as there was no live audience.  I enjoyed the last session last night as well as today.  I think most of my favorite talks were from this Sunday afternoon session. 

no people milling around.  Very unusual

We started another puzzle.  More about that for a future post.

1 comment:

  1. It did not rain this weekend;although, it has been really windy for the lastcouple of hours off and on so, I predict that it will rain, possibly even snow tomorrow. I remember watching April Conference when I was on my mission and it had snowed in Salt Lake at that time.

    ReplyDelete