Wednesday, April 1, 2020

If You Are in the Service of Your Fellow Beings . . .



          As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, Jenna received an envelope with some activities.  One of the suggestions was to make energy bites – which really didn’t turn out to be as wonderful as had hoped.  But I wasn’t watching to see Jenna measure all things.  I don’t think there was as much peanut butter and honey as the recipe called for as it was really too dry to mold.  We spooned into our mouths like a cereal.  It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great either.  It seemed sweet enough.  We both got the impression that I enjoyed the taste more than she.

          Last night I suggested that we add flour to the mixture.  I added flour and eggs and should have added some sugar or more honey as well, but did not.  The mix came out more like drop biscuits or definite unsweetened cookies.  Roland and I did not care for them, but I noticed that Jenna had been munching on them all day.  She somehow liked it better than the previous day.  Okay.  That’s fine, I guess.

          Jenna had suggested I print coloring pages and we could color together.  I said we could do so after my meeting, but seemed to forget about the coloring pages and so did not follow through.  In our meeting we had discussed ways to serve the sisters and feeling helpless with the “no showing-up-at-doors” rule that seems to be in place.  It had been suggested to leave cards or games or something – especially to those that live alone.  But then how would they respond to touching something that has previously been touched?

 The YW counselor who’d sent Jenna (and others) her activities continued and hand delivered larger envelopes and activities for Conference. Jenna was so excited to discover a brand new set of twistable crayons and more coloring pages.  Wow.  How awesome was that.

Currently she is at her first virtual seminary class.  The instructor has sent a schedule of what is expected each day and will do two virtual classes a week.  The next one will be on Friday - which just so happens to be Jenna's birthday.

Thank you to those who go the extra mile and still take precautions.  It is such a weird time on our planet right now.  Overwhelming statistics.  I am floored.  Still grateful for many things that we do have to get us through these bizarre times.

No comments:

Post a Comment