Friday, April 3, 2020

Memorable Sweet Sixteen


                                                                                                                                                            Today is Jenna’s birthday.  I heard her in the kitchen just after 4:00 a.m.  I happened to get up because of a leg cramp.  I grabbed her gift and went into the front room and talked to her for a bit before I asked to turn on the TV.  I figured Psych would be on and she loves Psych.

I went into the kitchen to fix her most favorite breakfast in the world.  I gave her three French toast and I had two and gave the remaining one to Roland along with a scrambled egg.  She went online for her virtual seminary class and they played a game of “knowing Jenna” in addition to her seminary class.  Jenna also learned that her seminary teacher left a goody outside the door for her.

At 10:30 we left the house to go to the park.  We saw two school buses with at least one passenger each.  


Were the bus drivers not told there would be no school?  And why that time of day?  What gives? I vaguely remember the announcement about bus delivering lunches.  Still 10:30 seems like an odd time.

I took my walking stick to hold up to safely distance ourselves from others.  Jenna thought it would be funny if each one of us were to hold an end and walk around the park with the stick between us. 



That is how we celebrated her birthday thus far. 




I think the pizza we cooked is now done. 

Definitely not even close to what she had planned.

1 comment:

  1. Jaime received a birthday wish calls from two of her brothers but the youngest one failed to call; I figured Randy might be at the hospital with Carrie (if that's even allowed right now). She gave birth to a 8 pound 10 ounce boy who now shares the same birthday as J.

    ReplyDelete